Catena Appellation La Consulta Malbec 2019 75cl
Catena Appellation La Consulta Malbec 2019
- Shows a dark violet colour with deep purple tones
- The nose offers aromas like red fruit and ripe, concentrated dark berries
- Fresh herbs and floral notes like lavender and violets, some traces of vanilla and tobacco
- The mouthfeel is rich, with raspberries and blueberries, spices notes and a touch of mocha
- The finish presents soft and well-structured tannins with bright, crisp acidity that gives the wine exceptional length
- Ideal red to combine with red meat
- Serve at 16ºC
The combination of intense sunlight and cool nights yields a wine that Domingo prized for its deep purple color, black fruit aromatics and rich velvety tannins.
Firstly the Catena Appellation La Consulta Malbec 2019 wine goes through cold maceration for 3 days at 50ºF. Secondly the juice is fermented for 16 days. Thirdly post fermentation maceration of 10 days. Finally spending 12 months in the barrel. As a result producing a refined and polished wine.
Nicolas Catena, grandson of Nicola, has pioneered planting at high altitude with many of the vineyards located at c. 5,000ft. This cool and arid climate in the foothills of the Andes has proved to be the perfect location for a range of single vineyard Malbec’s, Cabernet and Chardonnay.
Brand: Catena Zapata
Bottle Size: 75cl
While we strive to offer comprehensive and precise information on our website, product details like vintages, bottle images, batch numbers and ABV’s are ever-changing.
If you are looking for a specific bottle requirement it is recommended that you verify with us before making a purchase.
2-3 Working Day Service - £5.95 (Royal Mail)
1-2 Working Day Service - £7.95 (DPD)
Next Working Day Service (Order by 2pm) - £10.95 (DPD)
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) - £14.95 (DPD)
Orders are processed Monday - Friday