Taylors Very Very Old Tawny Port Coronation HM King Charles III 75cl
Bottle Size: 75cl
Taylor's Coronation Very Very Old Tawny Port
To mark the Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III on 6th May, 2023. Taylor’s have set aside a very limited amount of Very Very Old Tawny Port to be bottled as a commemorative limited edition.
- Colour of dark tea encircled by a crown of yellow gold
- Subtle olive-green highlights on the rim are evidence of the wine’s great age
- The nose is majestic and assured
- Multiple intertwining dimensions and layers of flavour have evolved over decades of ageing in oak casks
- A backdrop of cedary, balsamic aroma gives the wine a fresh, lifted character
- Warmer notes of butterscotch, marzipan and vanilla as well as a fine mellow oakiness
- The wine owes much of its seductive character to a magical blend of spice notes - nutmeg, clove and black pepper - which emerges as the wine opens up in the glass
- The palate is fresh and vibrant, with acidity and spirit
- Smooth silky texture which is the hallmark of the finest cask ports
- The intense, complex flavours linger into the seemingly endless finish. Elegant and graceful, this wine has reached perfect drinking age
David Guimaraens, Taylor’s Head winemaker, explains: “The component wines for this limited-edition blend were from our finest and oldest cask aged ports. Carefully selected for their balance and complexity. Decades of ageing in oak casks have given them a majestic power and depth while retaining a remarkable freshness and vitality.”
The Taylor’s Coronation very very old tawny port is in the classic Taylor’s frosted tawny bottle. Comes in an elegant beech wood box. This limited edition of 1.500 bottles.
Have a drink on us
Purchase any 6 or more bottles of wine and receive 10% off your order.
3-5 Working Day Service - £5.95
1-2 Working Day Service - £7.95
Next Working Day Service (Order by 2pm) - £10.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) - £14.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday