Pol Roger Sir Winston Churchill 2015 Champagne 75cl
Pol Roger Sir Winston Churchill 2015 Champagne Gift Boxed
The 21st vintage of the Cuvee Sir Winston Churchill is an alluring mid-yellow-gold with a stream of bubbles. Both characteristics of the length of time this wine has spent in the famously cool Pol Roger cellars.
- The nose opens with notes of spices and pepper. A good intensity of black fruit follows, showing the concentration and density of the wine.
- The complexity is obvious: a bouquet of dried fruit and hazelnut overlaid with notes of exotic fruits
- The aromas are particularly open and impressive
- On the palate, candied fruit notes accompany hints of pastries, brioche and cocoa, broad and mouth-filling
- Delightfully structured, the large proportion of pinot noir gives the roundness and gravity that one expects from this cuvee
- Despite the wine’s relative youth, it is starting to show some smoky weight and good grip with broad, rich and long acidity
- Full bodied and generous, the wine culminates with terrific length
Drink Pol Roger Sir Winston Churchill 2015 Champagne now or over the next 20 years.
The relationship between Champagne Pol Roger and Sir Winston Churchill dates back to a providential meeting at a luncheon given by the British Ambassador to France. Occurring some months after the end of the war at which was served the sumptuous 1928 champagne vintage of Pol Roger.
Attending the lunch was the beautiful Odette Pol-Roger as well as the Prime Minister, Winston Churchill. A friendship was born which continued until Churchill’s death, creating links between the Pol-Roger and Churchill families which are still as strong to this day.
Grape Variety: Blend
Bottle Size: 75cl
3-5 Working Day Service - £5.95
1-2 Working Day Service - £7.95
Next Working Day Service (Order by 2pm) - £10.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) - £14.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday