Orin Swift Papillon 2018 75cl
Orin Swift Papillon 2018
Orin Swift Cellars is led by winemaker Dave Phinney. A brand of creative and evocative expression of art on the front of the bottle. Bold, yet finessed styling within the bottle.
Based out of Saint Helena, within the Napa Valley. Orin Swift features a portfolio of wines that appeal to a variety of senses.
- Powerful aromatics escape the glass
- Enjoy notes of ripe blackcurrant, blackberry, peppercorn and a touch of chaparral supported by a frame of sweet oak
- Intensely layered and decadent on entry, exuding characteristics of black plum, boysenberry, kirsch and dark chocolate
- Silky soft yet weighty texture
- A prolonged finish of Provençal lavender, fig leaf and ripe currants close out the wine
The label features the beautiful juxtaposition of a gorgeous word, 'butterfly', cast against the harsh and gritty hands of a friend and fellow winemaker.
The label on the Orin Swift Papillon 2018 is as memorable as the red wine.
Difficult to find in the Napa Valley, they source and ferment the different varietals to their house style: ripe, lush, accessible and with very soft tannins. A melange of fruit from across the Valley, from Atlas Peak to the gravelly-rich soils of St. Helena and Rutherford, They were able to produce a true Bordeaux-blend but perhaps requires a rethinking of the phrase to simply, Orin Swift’s Papillon.
Have a drink on us
Purchase any 6 or more bottles of wine and receive 10% off your order.