Graham's Vintage Port 2017 Tappit Hen 225cl
Bottle Size: 225cl
Grahams Vintage Port 2017 Tappit Hen
- This port has an opulent and weighty nose with baked plum and damson
- The palate echoes this with lift and elegance
- The finish really impresses
- The tannins are fine with liquorice and minerality woven throughout
- There is a distinct freshness the hallmark of the vintage port
- Dovetailed with the structure, the very being of the wine, that it is seamless
Tappit hens are a very limited, hand bottled, traditional format of port, consisting of three times the volume of a 750ml bottle, and typically reserved for family consumption, but in good vintages, occasionally made available in tiny quantities for the public.
2017 was, once again, an excellent year and marked the first ever back-to-back declaration in five generations of production. It is rich, powerful and muscular, though exhibits lush layers of concentrated fruit and pretty aromatic detail.
Grahams vintage port 2017 tappit hen is a particularly intense vintage. It requires a good length of time in the cellar before attempting to consume. Should have at least 50 years of potential evolution.
Founded in 1820 by William and John Graham, for nearly two centuries Graham’s has cultivated its reputation as one of the greatest names in port. Their vintage ports are from the finest years with parcels of grapes from their flagship property, Quinta dos Malvedos and other selected Portugal vineyards.
Have a drink on us
Purchase any 6 or more bottles of wine and receive 10% off your order.
3-5 Working Day Service - £5.95
1-2 Working Day Service - £7.95
Next Working Day Service (Order by 2pm) - £10.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) - £14.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday