Fonseca Guimaraens Vintage Port 2012 & Funnel 75cl
Bottle Size: 75cl
Fonseca Guimaraens Vintage Port 2012
Very fine and beautifully balanced. The Fonseca Guimaraens vintage port 2012 combines the depth and richness of Quinta do Panascal with the clearly delineated fruit and heady scented quality of the Pinhao Valley.
- Deep ruby black centre with narrow purple rim
- Impressive depth and intensity of fruit on the nose
- Very fine complex woodland berry aromas intertwined with discreet resiny, balsamic scents of garrigue, rock rose and wild herbs
- On the palate the dark fruit flavours have a surprising freshness and a tight mesh of thick, grippy tannins provides both structure and volume
- A wonderfully long finish leaving succulent flavours of raspberry and cassis
They may make Guimaraens vintage port in the years when there is no classic Fonseca vintage port.
When Guimaraens vintage ports were first released in the 1930's they were made in the same years as the classic Fonseca vintage ports. However blending was from slightly less powerful components, much like the second wines of the Bordeaux chateaux.
Today they make Guimaraens vintage ports in the years when the wines are more supple and early maturing. Producing Fonseca in vintages that are bigger, more long lasting ports.
Guimaraens vintage ports nevertheless share the origins, heritage and complex fruity style of the classic Fonseca vintages. Drawing from the produce of the same three estates. They differ only in that they are more approachable, ready to drink earlier and more accessibly priced.
Have a drink on us
Purchase any 6 or more bottles of wine and receive 10% off your order.
3-5 Working Day Service - £5.95
1-2 Working Day Service - £7.95
Next Working Day Service (Order by 2pm) - £10.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) - £14.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday