Croft Vintage Port 2017 75cl
Bottle Size: 75cl
Croft Vintage Port 2017
Croft Vintage Port 2017 is a premium wine from Croft, one of the oldest port houses in Portugal's Douro Valley. A port blend of traditional grape varieties including Touriga Nacional, Touriga Francesca, Tinta Roriz, and Tinto Roriz. All of the grapes come from Croft's vineyards.
- This vintage port is dense inky core fading to a magenta rim
- A seductive Croft nose, ripe and voluptuous but with the depth and density characteristic of the 2017 vintage
- As usual, plump, juicy blackcurrant, black cherry and raspberry form the backdrop
- However, the nose is soon drawn into a vortex of heady, complex aroma in which resiny scents of eucalyptus and gumcistus blend
- Pungent notes of sage and mint, fresh hints of grapefruit and a mellow spiciness
- On the palate this port is firm
- Sinewy tannins wrap the thick envelope of dense, velvety texture
As is often the case, this is one of the most exotic and beguiling wines of the vintage. However, it is also a weighty wine, dense and deeply coloured, with the concentration and stamina to ensure a long life in bottle. One of the finest Croft Vintages of recent years.
Awarded 97 out of 100 by James Suckling.
Have a drink on us
Purchase any 6 or more bottles of wine and receive 10% off your order.
3-5 Working Day Service - £5.95
1-2 Working Day Service - £7.95
Next Working Day Service (Order by 2pm) - £10.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) - £14.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday