Vilafonte Series M 2020 75cl
Country: South Africa
Grape Variety: Blend
Bottle Size: 75cl
Vilafonte Series M 2020This sensuous wine embodies a refined style and dignified elegance. A malbec and merlot dominant blend, opulent in nature, with a defining structure of cabernet sauvignon.
- The Vilafonte Series M 2020 possesses a regal, dignified character
- Beautifully nuanced, showing an attractive tension and energy
- It displays a great density of red to black colour and magenta-tinged rim
- Seductive aromas of cranberry and ripe cherry fluently segue to lush notes of black raspberry, blueberry and subtle dried thyme, owing to the merlot and malbec components of this blend
- Lifted rose petal, blonde tobacco, cacao and warm orange rind add layers of complexity
- The palate is deftly poised, with consistent weight throughout and framed by ripe, supple tannins and elegant acidity
- Smooth on entry, then broadening to display fine satin textured tannins that envelop the palate and culminating in a soft, round finish of plum, raspberry and milk chocolate
- While alluring in its youth, the 2020 Series M promises a decade or more of cellaring to realise its full potential
Vilafonte is the coming together of great wine experience from California and South Africa; Mike Ratcliffe (founding trustee of the Cape Wine Auction), Zelma Long (former head winemaker at Robert Mondavi) and Dr Phil Freese (former vice-president of Robert Mondavi).
The vision that brought together the three founding Vilafonte partners, is the culmination of a life-long dream. An uncompromising determination to produce wines of complexity, structure and longevity which stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the great wines of the world. Nothing less.
Have a drink on us
Purchase any 6 or more bottles of wine and receive 10% off your order.
3-5 Working Day Service - £5.95
1-2 Working Day Service - £7.95
Next Working Day Service (Order by 2pm) - £10.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) - £14.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday