The Balvenie Stories A Rare Discovery From Distant Shores 27 Year Old Whisky 70cl
The Balvenie Stories A Rare Discovery From Distant Shores 27 Year Old Whisky
- An exquisite aged new addition to The Balvenie stories range
- A Rare Discovery from Distant Shores is a rich and indulgent expression, aged for 27 years
- Notes of muscovado sugar and manuka honey
- This whisky comes packaged in a presentation tube. Featuring a bespoke illustration, specific to the liquid, from British artist and printmaker Andy Lovell
- Andy Lovell has worked with the distillery for a number of years and has created an illustration that visually represents the unique real-life stories behind the expression
Like all expressions in the stories collection this exquisite bottling brings to life the story of the creativity innovation and friendship that led to its release. This story begins when malt Master David C Stewart’s long-time friend, John Barrett, found something special. He brought samples of Caroni Rum to David.
Being led by their creativity and experience. David decided, in 2014, to move some 20 year old whisky from its traditional American oak Hogs Head casks into Caroni Rum casks. The result was a rum finish unlike any other.
The additional 7 years spent maturing in the ex-Caroni rum casks changed and enhanced the whisky’s flavour profile. The Balvenie Stories A Rare Discovery From Distant Shores 27 Year Old is truly extraordinary.