Masi Tupungato Passo Doble Malbec 2021 75cl
Masi Tupungato Passo Doble Malbec
One of the most original winemaking projects of recent years. Masi Tupungato is a fusion of Venetian technique and Argentine terroir.
The malbec grape is re-fermented with light dried corvina, an Italian grape. Which enhances the depth and savouriness and maintains balancing acidity. The experiment was a success!
- A red wine that is fragrant and complex on the nose with ripe cherries and sweet spices
- Up front and powerful on the palate, rich and intense cherry and fruits-of-the-forest flavours
- Good length and soft tannins
- A lovely long finish with tinges of sweet liquorice
- Serving temperature: 18°C
- Masi Tupungato wine is excellent when drunk young
- Long ageing is a potential too
Masi Tupungato Passo Doble Malbec 2019 is a very versatile wine, resulting in a cuisine of grilled or roast red meat, chickpea balls, eggplant burgers and mature cheeses with strong flavours.
Masi Tupungato wines have a unique place in the Argentinean wine world. They are the fruit of an original encounter between the emblematic grapes of Argentina, Malbec and Torrontes. And the native grapes from the Venetian regions, Corvina and Pinot Grigio.
Masi Tupungato estate wines are made with the appassimento technique. This involves leaving the grapes to dry out for the winter months, resulting in concentrating aromas and perfumes.
Have a drink on us
Purchase any 6 or more bottles of wine and receive 10% off your order.