M. Chapoutier Bila Haut Banyuls Rimage 2020 50cl
Brand: M. Chapoutier
Bottle Size: 50cl
3-5 Working Day Service - £5.95
1-2 Working Day Service - £7.95
Next Working Day Service (Order by 2pm) - £10.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) - £14.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday
M Chapoutier Bila Haut Banyuls Rimage 2020
- M Chapoutier Bila Haut Banyuls Rimage 2020 has an intense garnet red hue
- The nose has complex aromas of fruit (overripe Morello cherries) and flowers (violets), some touches of spice (cinnamon) with an unusual hint of iodine
- The palate shows great freshness with a nice balance between sugar, alcohol and acidity
- Soft tannic structure characteristic of this schist terroir
- Mineral and saline notes on the finish
Serve with strong, mature cheeses, pastries and chocolate desserts.
Chapoutier Banyuls Bila-Haut is bottled as a “Rimage”. Rimage is a term given to a more modern, younger style of Banyuls. Instead more traditional “Vintage” styles which are aged for many years (and sometimes in glass bottles exposed to the sun), they are bottled much younger.
This means that, instead of the tawny colour and rancio characters developed from years of barrel-ageing. Rimage is redder in colour and packed with more ripe, red berry fruits and firmer tannins. The wine is aged for 8 months in vat prior to bottling. It is then aged for another 3 months in bottle prior to release. 17.5% ABV.
Have a drink on us
Purchase any 6 or more bottles of wine and receive 10% off your order.