Taylors Vintage Port 2016 Magnum 150cl
Bottle Size: 150cl
Taylors Vintage Port 2016 Magnum
The weather patterns in 2016 had a great impact on the character of this vintage port. It owes its elegance, crisp acidity and magnificent tannins to the relatively cool conditions throughout April and May. Followed by a dry, hot summer and a little rainfall in midway through September. The first grapes were picked at Quinta de Vargellas on the17th September.
- Deep purple black with a narrow magenta rim
- High notes of pure, intense woodland fruit with lively accents of green apple, fresh plum and raspberry
- Around this core of bright, singing fruit is a heady aura of gumcistus and wild herbs
- On a deeper register, exotic notes of cedarwood and jasmine provide an additional dimension of complexity
- The wine has an attractive leanness and muscularity with sinewy, linear tannins that integrate seamlessly into the mid palate
- Energised by a racy acidity, the intense berry flavours continue to build into the long finish
- Although the keynotes are refinement and poise, the wine displays the restrained vigour and stamina that are the hallmarks of the Taylor style
Because vintage port forms a natural deposit in the bottle, decanting is necessary. Stand the bottle upright a few hours before decanting to allow the sediment to fall to the bottom of the bottle
Taylors vintage port 2016 magnum continues to improve for decades after bottling. Lay the bottle down in a cool place, ideally at a temperature below 16ºC.
Serve at 16ºC to 18ºC. Drink the port one to two days after opening.
Pair with walnuts, blue veined and other richly flavoured cheeses are excellent accompaniments to vintage port; so too are dried fruits such as apricots or figs.
Have a drink on us
Purchase any 6 or more bottles of wine and receive 10% off your order.
3-5 Working Day Service - £5.95
1-2 Working Day Service - £7.95
Next Working Day Service (Order by 2pm) - £10.95
Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) - £14.95
Orders are processed Monday - Friday