The estate was founded in 1689 by Pierre de Mazure de Rauzan and the vineyard acquired its name a few years later when his daughter Therese received it as part of her dowry on her marriage to Jacques de Pichon Longueville, the first President of the Parliament of Bordeaux. It was divided upon the death of Baron Joseph in 1850 between his five children.
The 75 hectares of this vineyard border the property of Chateau Latour and stretch south of Pauillac towards the commune of Saint Julien, whence it gets its extraordinary charm. The exceptional character of the wines produced here are distinguished by their elegance and finesse.
This is a lively wine with delicious red berry flavours and soft, silky tannins.
Due to the long harvest, the grapes have gained flavours over time giving layers and depth to the flavour profile.