Balvenie The Edge Of Burnhead Wood 19 Year Old Whisky 70cl
Balvenie The Edge Of Burnhead Wood 19 Year Old Whisky
The newest edition to The Balvenine Stories collection. It tells a tale of exploration and craft, culminating in the first ever expression of The Balvenie made entirely from ingredients grown on its Dufftown estate.
- The nose is lively and vibrant
- Notes of fig and geranium oil perfectly balanced with fresh herbal undertones reminiscent of green woodland
- Flavours of honey, cloves and caramelised baked dates are layered on top of delicate citrus and spice
- The sweetness reveals an underlying oaky dryness
- The finish is lingering, oaky, dried blossom
A Scottish whisky inspired by the fragrant, heather-cloaked highlands which surround the distillery. The Edge of Burnhead Wood celebrates the pastoral tale of how the craftsmen experimented with the natural resources to find the perfect match between fresh heather and barley.
The expression, which is made from locally sourced ingredients found in the distillery grounds. Home grown barley malted at the maltings. Water from the Robbie Dhu spring. Fresh heather from Burnhead Wood. Retains the familiar robust Balvenie taste, with a delicate fruitiness, as well as notes of light spice and juicy fruits.